How many children do we help?
In 2018 Washington Child Advocacy Centers provided services for 6,974 NEW children
Children's Advocacy Centers of Washington has worked tirelessly to provide life changing services to young victims of abuse and neglect. In our efforts we see every child as a precious gift and do everything we can to guide them down the path of healing and restoration.
The numbers are beyond heartbreaking. Thankfully, we have the resources to bring justice to the predators that commit these horrible crimes; but more needs to be done!
Unfortunately far to many children are the helpless victims of abuse. That is why we are committed to doing everything we can to continue to provide meaningful help through our centers and look to expand into underserved areas.
We take very seriously our mission to stop abuse and begin the process of healing. As you can see we continue to serve thousands of children each year who have suffered under the hand of abuse and neglect.
Here is a snapshot of how many children and families we have helped in 2018
Overall, it is believed that the number of sexual abuse cases is much larger than that reported. Darkness to Light, a national sexual abuse prevention organization, has compiled these statistics*:
- 1 in 4 girls is sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before the age of 18.
- 1 in 5 children are solicited sexually while on the internet.
- Nearly 70% of all reported sexual assaults (including assaults on adults) occur to children ages 17 and under.
- An estimated 39 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse exist in America today.