CACWA is the Washington State Chapter of the National Children’s Alliance (NCA).
NCA is the national membership and accrediting organization for Children’s Advocacy Centers. As a chapter, we agree to meet standards that include providing training and technical assistance to existing and developing centers, having a plan for the growth and sustainability of Children’s Advocacy Centers in this state, and providing a sound, well-managed organization that provides a voice and support for Children’s Advocacy Centers.
Services We Offer:
CACWA offers the following services to existing Children’s Advocacy Centers and communities wishing to establish Children’s Advocacy Centers:
- Training and technical assistance
- Mentoring by experienced CAC staff in nearby communities
- Site visits to existing CACs
- Technical assistance manuals and materials
- Information on research and best practices
- Information regarding funding sources for start-up, training, and operations
- Advocacy on legislative issues and policies affecting children and families
- Coordination with statewide, regional, and national advocacy groups