Facility Dog Material
Examining the Effects of a Facility Dog and stress in children undergoing forensic interviews
Therapy Animals Supporting Kids (TASK) Program Manual
Guidelines for Canine Companions for Independence Facility Dog in the Workplace
Facility Dogs at CAC's & in Legal Proceedings: Best Practice Guide
Animal Assisted Therapy Questionnaire
CARES Northwest Therapeutic Animal Contact Introduction
Facility Dog Protocol
CARES Northwest Facility Dog Guidelines
Courthouse Dogs Foundation
They strive to accomplish their mission by:
- Educating members of the public and legal professionals about the benefits of courthouse facility dogs assisting vulnerable people in the legal system.
- Guiding governmental agencies (prosecutor offices and law enforcement agencies) and nonprofit organizations (child advocacy centers and victim advocacy groups) in program development using a best practices model.
- Supporting assistance dog organizations, that are members of Assistance Dogs International, that train and place facility dogs with legal professionals working with victims, witnesses and other vulnerable people involved in the investigation and prosecution of crimes and other stressful legal proceedings.
- Encouraging and facilitating scientific research on the use of courthouse facility dogs.
- Connecting Canines- Therapy dog training and certification for individuals with their pet dogs
- Bow Wows and Books- Children's literacy support
- Operation Opie- Canine bite prevention education
- Bridges to Compassion- Humane Education
Assistance Dogs International, Inc. (ADI) is a worldwide coalition of non-profit programs that train and place Assistance Dogs. Founded in 1986 from a group of seven small programs, ADI has become the leading authority in the Assistance Dog industry.
The objectives of Assistance Dogs International are to:
- Establish and promote standards of excellence in all areas of assistance dog acquisition, training and partnership
- Facilitate communication and learning among member programs
- Educate the public to the benefits of Assistance Dogs and ADI membership.