Empower yourself & others with Educational Videos, Downloadable Brochures, Helpful Websites & Healthy Parenting Tips
Helping Young Children Exposed to Trauma
When Bruising in Children is Indicative of Abuse
Online Safety Advice for Children
Know the Statistics on Abuse
Talking to Kids about Abuse
Join the Conversation/Stop the Stigma
Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
One With Courage
Office for Victims of Crime: Public Awareness: "Faces of Human Trafficking" Video Series
- VIDEO 2: AN INTRODUCTION TO SEX TRAFFICKING : https://youtu.be/JygGZH0cGV4
- VIDEO 3: AN INTRODUCTION TO LABOR TRAFFICKING : https://youtu.be/7isrcnDRc5Q
- VIDEO 4: MULTIDISCIPLANRY APPROACH : https://youtu.be/-SjEUZYm4ZE
- VIDEO 5: EFFECTIVE VICTIM SERVICES : https://youtu.be/V4bga2CnZnc
- VIDEO 6: FOCUS ON YOUTH : https://youtu.be/SM76xeJNCs4
- VIDEO 7: LEGAL NEEDS AND RIGHTS OF VICTIMS : https://youtu.be/ffrzXouke-E
- VIDEO 8: THE VICTIM CENTERED CASE : https://youtu.be/jQ2rIO-IdmI
- VIDEO 9: NOW THAT WE ARE FREE : https://youtu.be/JWZghUmeXTY
Get Connected to Resources on Healthy Parenting Practices
Get Connected to:
- 3 of Our Favorite website picks for Parenting Tips and Techniques
- Washington State based resources for Parents
- DCYF's: Ten Things you can do to Prevent Child Abuse
Three of Our Favorite Positive Parenting Websites
1. Positive Parenting Tips from the C.D.C. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
This website offers information on:
- Child Development Basics
- Developmental Screening
- Children's Mental Health - overview, data, resources
- Positive Parenting Tips
- Scientific Child Development Articles and Research
- Information and resources on specific conditions such as learning, language or other developmental conditions.
Visit cdc.gov or click the green link below.
2. Healthy Parenting Strategies from A.A.P.'s (American Academy of Pediatrics) HealthyChildren.Org
- Childhood Ages and Stages - prenatal to young adults 18-21 years of age
- Healthy Living - nutrition, fitness, sports, oral health, emotional wellness, growing healthy and sleep
- Safety and Prevention - immunizations, and safety at home, at play, on the go and all around
- Family Life - medical, family dynamics, media, work & play and even getting involved in your community
- Health Issues - conditions, injuries, emergencies, and vaccine preventable diseases
- News - Newsletters, Articles, Policy Statements, E-magazine, Apps, & Webinars
- Tips & Tools - Ask a pediatrician, find a pediatrician, Symptom checker
3.NO HIT ZONE; The U.S. Alliance to End the Hitting of Children
- Illustrates the well-established harmful effects of corporal punishment
- Promotes effective painless parenting techniques.
- Staff are trained to give parents resources for effective guidance and information on the harm of physical discipline in a non-shaming, non-blaming fashion".
- Offers resources on alternatives to spanking
- Information on Legislative reform
- Research articles/Library and Formal Policy Statements
Looking for Parenting Help in Washington State?
Washington State Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF)
- Learning the ins and outs of Reporting Abuse and Neglect
- Abuse Prevention and Intervention Tips -
- Requirements under the Safety of Newborn Children Law (newborn safe surrender)
- Youth Suicide Prevention Tips
- Safe Sleep and other Safety tips for young children
- Crime Prevention Resources on Bullying, Drunk Driving, Domestic & Sexual Violence, Human Trafficking
- National Grief Support and Advocacy resources and so much more.
We encourage you to visit this helpful website & gain resources in Washington for yourself and your family! To visit DCYF just click the green link below their logo.
- Check out their Ten Things you can do to Prevent Child Abuse below
More Washington State Help for Parents
Parent Trust for Washington Children
- Family Fun
- Child Development
- Early Learning
- Health and Safety
- Stress Management
- Pregnancy and Childbirth
- School Age Children
Find out how to better recognize, talk about, prevent and react responsibly to child abuse
Darkness to Light is a non-profit committed to empowering adults to prevent child sexual abuse. Their evidence-informed training influences community behavior change.
- Education and Training for organizations and individuals
- Facts and statistical data on child sexual abuse
- Help for Identifying
- Help Reporting
- 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children(TM) : an introductory guide for the prevention of child sexual abuse. Outlining the core principles for preventing, recognizing, and reacting responsibily to child sexual abuse and form the framework for the adult training program.
- Stewards of Children: the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors.
- Prevent Now! : Progam that assists and supports communities in creating sustainable child sexual abuse prevention initiatives that increase awareness, education, prevention, and advocacy.
- Partner in Prevention: is the distinction that youth serving organizations or business' earn by showing their commitment to preventing, recognizing, & reacting responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Resources on: Talking to your kids about digital safety, books on sexual abuse prevention, and "What you can Do" tips, National Resources and Resources by State.
Get the "How To" on:
- Recognizing, talking about, preventing and reacting responsibly to child abuse, and the right questions to ask when selecting a youth serving facility
- Find out more about Darkness to Light (D2L) and their evidence informed training that empowers adults to prevent child sexual abuse.
Learn about the Typical Signs of Abuse, Myths vs. Facts
Learn about typical signs of abuse, myths vs facts:
Learn about "One with Courage" the public awareness campaign centered around the courage it takes to talk about child sexual abuse.
- Equip yourself with the knowledge needed to recognize the signs of abuse: Learn about the Signs
- Accurate information is key when confronting and preventing Child abuse: Learn about the Myths